2011 Wrapped up (cont.)

Okay, here are some big things that happened throughout 2011 that made me a busy bee.

Meet my prince

Ever crazed for the knight in a shining armor to save you from a dragon guarding tower in the middle of nowhere? Get a life. That dream is so 10 year old's. (says the girl who still dreams..a lot!)

Well, this is my knight in shining white armor.He came to me in July and marked the starting of the driver in me - someone I never knew I could be.

After six painful months in the driving school I finally gained my driver's license. But it was not after a year of having a license did I acquire this handsome knight by my side. I always thought I have the fear of driving, squishing through all those moving cars, lorries, trucks and God knows whatever they have on the roads. I never thought I could get addicted to driving until he came into my life. This is an accomplishment I'm proud of myself for.

Somehow I gained solace and comfort and love, while I'm with him.

I'm saving the trees by buying less books
Nooooo! Don't get me wrong. I didn't stop buying books because I've stopped reading. I am still a passionate reader, although I am still the less critical reader, and books still appeal to me. However, instead of buying books made out of paper, now I'm hunting for e-books instead. 
Yep! I've bought myself Barnes & Noble Nook Touch from e-bay. B&N doesn't sell anything from their store to customers outside USA but customers have got ways. One sit McD, I'm on to my e-books hunting. Now I have 300 books sitting in my library. I've got ways too, don't ask. 
People who read might say e-books wouldn't give them the same feeling. Well, I did too. But once I had my hand on this gadget, I didn't look back anymore. I think I've read more now than I did before. 
(I am such a gadget freak *face in hands*)

I am now the only unattached sibling among all three old enough to get hitched
 
...the last one was left uncounted because he's not yet an eligible bachelor. 
Congratulation Deq Mat and Afi, may your life together be blessed with Allah's rahmah and barakah. I am so happy for you. And don't you worry about me none. I'm single (not available though) but I'm happy as a bee. 
Being single is not as bad as many would think. I'm living the life large and there's no regret. 
If you're worried that you got married before me, then don't. I don't look that old you know, hehe.

Notice the photo? Can you guess the photographer? Well, this brings us to the next big thing in my life.

I go snap! Snap! Snap!
Nikon D3100
Because we were so disappointed with what happened to Angah's wedding pictures, the whole family decided not to hire any 'professional' photographers. Seeing this as a chance of getting a new hobby, I purchased a DSLR camera. (Told ya I'm a gadget freak).

This happens at the right moment now I have a car. If I were to purchase this before I intended to buy a car, I would only be taking pictures from my balcony. Not that I have enough guts to drive off to any cool destinations fit for photo shoots, but it's a start right? Hopefully I'd be brave enough to venture on my own in a year or two.

The last but not least, comes the biggest thing in my life.

I am now a proud Maklong to a cute niece

Born 30th January 2011, meet Aisya Auliya binti Mohd Azam. The first granddaughter and niece in our proud little family. By the time I'm writing this, she's already reaching one and is expecting a baby brother/sister come February. 
She's the apple of my eyes and she's among the best things ever happened in my life. Little Aisya fills an empty space I never realized I have in my heart. She's an angel, a Godsend. 
I became a mom the day she was born. She may not be mine, but my heart is hers already. Well Aisya, you have light up my life in so many ways. I am now a proud maklong, and I'm looking forward to being one to many more to come. 

Deep inside, I feel sorry for my future sons and daughters. Though born from a firstborn, they will be younger than their cousins...thus open for bullies, hehehe.

Oh yeah, not to mention...

I am still in love with him

Okay then, 2011 all wrapped up. Come now 2012.

Comments

'Aini said…
"I became a mom the day she was born. She may not be mine, but my heart is hers already". Exactly the feeling ^____^

~ Another proud Mak Long ~

Popular posts from this blog

Taiping Eco-Trip 2D1N ~ From Kulim

The Homemade Laksa Kedah with a Penang's Twist

Untungnya...saya jadi cikgu