2011 Wrapped Up

Lemme see...when was my latest entry.

*cricket sounds*

November, 2010...(okay, make that August 2010 because I accidentally deleted November's entry) Can you believe it?! It's a year ago since I last wrote anything! And I even forget the password for my wordpress account. That makes me a bad, bad blogger. Shame on you Hairi! Shame. 

Life affects you in so many ways, and discouraging you to do something you like is just one way life works its wonder. It's not to be blamed though. I am just mere human, and I am always easily influenced. 

Yeah, I'm back. For how long? Till life gets to me again, I believe. 

It's now Dec 2011, reaching the end of the year and so many things had happened during this year alone. Some of them are not my brightest moments but they were easily erased from my life with those bright enough to light not only my life but those around me too.

So, here goes, events that wrapped up my 2011.

We're going to start with things that have nothing to do with my real life. TV shows, what else?


I've suffered Supernatural withdrawal and still am

yeah boys, you've got the expression right to the T
 Who would have believed this? That I, above all people, am getting bored with Supernatural, with Dean and Sam Winchester - the writers to be correct.

I honestly love the first five series of the show and I even anticipated season 6 as you can see here. Everything went well through Season 6, but as season 6 reached its finale, I couldn't help myself but say...what the heck is going on?

Still, I held on and waited for season 7. After 3 episodes, I couldn't urge myself to watch anymore. First, Castiel died. And then Sam and Dean had some trust issues (this has become a must every seasons) which led to Sam leaving Dean (for God knows how many times now) and now they are trying to kill my favorite character, Bobby Singer. Damn! What's wrong with you people in the production team? Bring back Kripke!

This falling out of love that I am having is seriously affecting my fanfiction writing. I have all the drafts done, but I couldn't find the heart to writing them nicely. I don't know, maybe this is temporary. Maybe somewhere, somehow, I'll find the love I've lost for these boys again...no, not the boys. I've only lost the love on its storyline. 


I'm falling in love with BBC Sherlock

I've never watched any Sherlock Holmes' movies before but I've certainly read a number of its stories and novels.To me, the image of Sherlock Holmes wearing the detective suit and smoking pipe is not that appealing, not even when Robert Downey Jr. played a kickass version of Sherlock and Jude Law is the honorable Dr. Watson.

But BBC recent hot new series, Sherlock, starred Benedict Cumberbatch (another underrated actor who deserves more) and Martin Freeman definitely caught my attention. Maintaining the stories, but with a little twist, Sherlock promises new insight to Arthur Conan Doyle's interpretation of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson. Benedict Cumberbatch did a magnificent job as kickass, smart-mouthed dark Sherlock while Martin Freeman is equally amazing as his honestly naive sidekick.

However, 3 episodes a season? The production team have seriously got to be kidding me. Thankfully, the newest season will be back on January 1st. What a way to start my 2012. 


Ezra P. Standish and Magnificent Seven are my new obsession




This show premiered in Malaysia somewhere around 1998 to 1999 and I was just a teenager then. Yep! You can guess my age if you want to.

I remember loving this series to no end but I couldn't remember what happened to it when I got so busy with school. Somehow, after 12 years, I suddenly found the urge to check these guys out again. Then I found out the series didn't make it to season 3 due to low rating then. Oh shucks! They should have premiered now and they'd definitely get the rating they deserved. Cowboys just didn't work then, but it is now. Though I doubt these boys would want to ride again after 12 years.

Among these seven, my favorite is the ace-of-spade-good-for-nothing gambler cum conman Ezra P. Standish, portrayed by Anthony Starke. Quoting Ty Miller "He gives out aces of spades as calling cards and spends most nights at the poker tables. A con man, a gambler, a loner: perhaps. The word loyalty is as foreign as the pyramids, but friends have a way of growing on you." Ezra is being portrayed as a stubborn cuss who refused to have connections with people due to his hazardous career as a conman and the teachings of his not so loveable mom, Maude. Despite the facade, Ezra was a man worth to be friends with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taiping Eco-Trip 2D1N ~ From Kulim

The Homemade Laksa Kedah with a Penang's Twist

Untungnya...saya jadi cikgu